Live stream: Knicks 124, Hawks 139The New York Knicks (25-22) play against the Atlanta Hawks (24-22) at State Farm Arena Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free) NBA League Pass: The most live games plus NBA TV. Free trial Game Time: 7:30 PM EST on Friday January 20, 2023 New York Knicks 124, Atlanta Hawks 139 (Final) What’s the buzz on Twitter? Michael Gallagher @MikeSGallagher Good night for the Murrays: Dejounte Murray: 29 points, 6 boards, 12 assists, 2 steals (W) Jamal Murray: 17 points, 10 rebounds, 14 assists, 2 steals (W) Keegan Murray: 29 points, 14 rebounds, 1 assist (W) – 12:23 AM Fred Katz @FredKatz Tom Thibodeau on starting Jericho Sims: “I feel good about both guys.
– 8:15 PM Stefan Bondy @SBondyNYDN The Knicks are shooting 80%. Take out Julius Randle and they’ve hit 20 of their 22 shots. Crazy. Knicks 58, Hawks 51 with 6:36 left in the second quarter. – 8:14 PM The Knicks are 24-for-30 from the field. That’s 80 percent. But they’re only 5-for-8 from 3, so the Hawks defense has that going for them right now. – 8:14 PM Through one quarter, the Knicks lead the Hawks 38-35. • Randle 11-4-2 • Barrett 8 pts • Brunson 8 pts • Quickley 4 pts • Young 8 pts, 3 asts Knicks are shooting 16-for-20 from the field and 13-for-14 on 2s. – 8:05 PM 1Q: Knicks 38, Hawks 35 The Hawks had 12(! ) assists in 1Q to 1 turnover which happened in the final minute of the quarter. Problem is the defense has been too quiet with the Knicks shooting 16-20 (80%) from the floor.
– 8:04 PM It’s 38-35 Knicks after 1 weird first quarter. Knicks shot 80%, Hawks got 6 offensive rebounds, Obi drove baseline and dunked. All about evens out. – 8:04 PM Quickley, quickly scores a layup in transition after Hawks turnover, but Jal3n makes a lightly contested 3. Hawks down 36-35 before Toppin makes a baseline dunk. Knicks 38, Hawks 35 with 6. 4 in 1Q. – 8:03 PM Everyone on the Knicks have made all of their attempts except Julius Randle who is 4-8 from the floor and 1-4 from 3. Barrett is 4-4, Brunson is 3-3, Quickley and Hartenstein are both 1-1. – 8:01 PM Aaron Holiday is the first off the bench. Trae Young will take a breather and then return after a couple mins of rest. Then DJM will head to the bench and likely start the 2Q.
They’ve held the Knicks to 1-of-10 overall shooting and 1-of-6 from 3. The Hawks have outscored the Knicks 20-6 and they’re up 122-107. – 9:32 PM Tonight marks Dejounte Murray’s eighth game of the season with at least 20 points and 3 steals, the most such games by a Hawk since Jeff Teague (11) in 2014-15. – 9:29 PM Rob Perez @WorldWideWob Knicks came into this game with a 112. 8 DRTG, 11th in NBA. In the postgame thoughts ive always talked about if Mitchell Robinson ever goes down indefinitely, the defense will collapse like a house of cards in the wind. Most important player. Hawks have 110 points with 9:24 left – 9:26 PM Onyeka Okongwu has extended his block streak to a career-best 12 straight games, marking the longest block streak by a Hawk since Clint Capela’s 20-game block streak during the 2020-21 season.
The Jokic of fans. – 8:19 PM Hawks rolling with Young, AJG, Hunter, JC and CC and the Knicks have missed their last 2. Then JC makes his 3rd triple in the half. Hawks down 58-56, 5:12 in the half after going making their two of their last three attempts. Knicks call timeout. – 8:18 PM KNICKS ONLY HAVE 1 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS WITHOUT ROBINSON (disclaimer: They have only missed six shots — a ridiculous 24-for-30).
– 7:51 PM Fouling that call on John Collins, the Hawks take a timeout up 24-20 w/ 6:19 to go in 1Q. This has been quite the offensive start for both teams. Both were shooting over 80% from the floor before the last couple of misses. Hawks are now 10-15 (66. 7%) overall and NY is 8-11. – 7:49 PM Defense optional night in Atlanta… Knicks and Hawks have combined for 44 points in the first five minutes – 7:49 PM Dejounte Murray has swiped at least one steal in 14 straight games, tied for the longest active such streak in the NBA.
Tonight is Murray’s 41st game of the season. – 8:53 PM Hunter blocked RJ Barrett’s lob to Jericho Sims and almost face planted under the basket. But he caught himself and did a push up to get back up. Meanwhile the Hawks have held the Knicks to 0-3 shooting and are on a 11-0 run with Young scoring 9 of those points. – 8:51 PM Steve Popper @StevePopper Quentin Grimes has been excellent against the best perimeter threats — but Trae Young has him in that trap…four fouls already and a flagrant call for landing area violation.
– 8:26 PM Interesting game of cat and mouse here… Knicks looking to hide Brunson on Hunter. Hawks looking to make them pay – 8:24 PM RJ has been excellent tonight and it goes beyond the 6-for-6 shooting (though he’s had some super soft touch shots, as well). Decision making’s been on point, just like on that last possession. Got it in the left corner & made a quick bounce pass to Randle for the hockey assist. – 8:22 PM Some fan in the Hawks game just swished in the halfcourt shot for $10K. Held his form and then didn’t even celebrate that much. Just coolly walked into an interview.
– 9:13 PM Tonight marks Trae Young’s 75th straight game with at least 5 assists, the longest active assist streak in the NBA (since 1/26/22). – 9:00 PM Dejounte Murray has notched his 21st game of at least 10 points and 2 steals. His 21 such games are the most by a Hawk since Kent Bazemore (26) during the 2017-18 campaign.